Monday 26 September 2011

Insurance Renewal Stupidity

On phoning up to cancel my renewal following my earlier victory of getting my monthly payments of £60 down to £27 - the person I spoke to wanted to ask why I was cancelling.  "I don't like the colour of your logo" - is what i felt like answering, why do you think i don't want to renew? Its obvious its going to be due to cost, what other reason could it be for?

She was adamant that she could match the cheaper price I'd got - until that is i mentioned it was £27, and that i'd saved £369 a year by not renewing with them.  She knew full well she couldn't match that and cancelled by renewal.  However... she obviously did want to get my renewal cheaper than the price first quote - so why don't they quote the cheaper price at renewal then? Surely that is the time when someone will think "screw this, i can get it cheaper elsewhere!" rather than phoning them up to ask if they would like to make it cheaper!?  Its crazy sand they are ultimately just costing themselves customers.

Do yourself a favour, switch insurance companies at the time of renewal - you could save yourself a lorry load of cash.  Well, maybe a small lorry, but a lorry load none the less! 

If you have no idea what im banging on about. look at my earlier post.  http://drivingroadrage.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. Do yourself a favour, switch insurance companies at the time of renewal - you could save yourself a lorry load of cash. Well, maybe a small lorry, but a lorry load none the less!

    PPI

    ReplyDelete