Thursday 18 August 2011

"Miles to empty" Calculation

On my Ford Focus this morning when  I got to work the computer told me I had 15 miles until the fuel talk was empty. It has always been pretty accurate, even though i suspect its being a bit panicky and theres probably at least another gallon in there.  On starting the car to go home it decided there was now enough for 38 miles! How did that happen? Where did it just dream up18 miles from?  Perhaps a small field mouse has been using my fuel tank to urinate in during the day!? That mouse urine is potent stuff so I hear!

I will be interested to see how many miles it thinks Ive got left tomorrow morning.  More likely it will be a big fat ZERO!

I would much rather my car being a few Miles out though than it being like my wife's Renault Megane.  It quite happily tells you how much fuel there is left until theres 40 miles left, then it lets out a terrifying scream and the display goes blank! Its being typically French at this point and screaming "Help.. i don't know anymore, i don't know how much fuel there is - i surrender!!"  and starts waving the white flag!  Whats the point in having the display if it just gives up when its less than 40 miles of range left?  Pathetic!

No comments:

Post a Comment